Experiencing the breeze between the knees since March 2009



Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Every Vacation Needs a Breakdown


So I mentioned the Prius briefly before, and it's a fantastic vehicle: been getting about 43 miles to the gallon on this trip, which has saved a bundle. The problem with vehicles, though, is that you still have to put gas in them - yes, even in hybrids - as we learned when we ran out of gas about 79 miles east of Pensacola. Luckily we've got AAA, so after their guy gave us a couple gallons we were able to make it to a gas station. Of course, it was still sweltering hot, and of course, I was still in my breezy kilt, which is a good combination, so overall it's just another experience to mark off the list.

I'm in Mississippi now, crashing with family for the night, and I'll be back in Lone Star sometime tomorrow - home sweet home, finally some dry heat instead of this humid, muggy stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Play nice, please.