Experiencing the breeze between the knees since March 2009



Thursday, August 19, 2010

AWOK (Kilt, of Course)

You might be wondering why I've been so quiet lately, and I have a very somber reason (get the tissue boxes reasy, cause it's a tear-jerker): I haven't been able to wear my gear as often as I'd like to recently, and you have to realize that "as often as I'd like to" means every moment of every day that I'm not naked.

Obviously, I still sport my kilts most of the time, but the few times I am unable are for reasons I really can't argue with. I teach yoga at a local studio, and as much as I want to encourage freedom, downward dog is not the place to do it, especially since it's a beginner's class and I don't want to scare anyone away. The only other time I have to grin and bear the discomfort is at the gym, a place I've seen a lot of lately. Innevitably I'll coordinate my errands with being out in town, so I have to shame myself in public by wearing pants - I'm just waiting for the day that some person runs up behinds me and "pants" me in public, just so I can stand there and enjoy the brief moment of freedom before pulling them back up to avoid public indecency charges...

Anywho, the lack of 24/7 kilt-wearing is the disappointing reason behind my laack of posts, in addition to my lack of a cameraman. It never occurs to me when I'm out with my friends to say "Hey, let's get a shot of us all - be sure to get my kilt in the photo." You see, it's become such a natural thing to me that it never seems to warant a spontaneous photograph, but for your blog-reading pleasure, this is my promise to try to keep the pictures coming, at least as often as I'm able to give you a written update. Come on, that's what you're really here for, right? The killer photos? (Speaking of which, if you just want to browse through some badass imagery, navigate over to the Utilikilts website and they've got more pictures than you can shake a fist at.)

So that's to let you know I'm still alive, and hopefully as the school year starts up, I'll have more opportunities to share the love. Peace, my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Play nice, please.